FAQ for New Officials
1) Where do I sign up for refereeing?
Answer: Sign up through EHockey, a link is on the wpgrefs.com home page between August and late October.
2) I cannot sign up for an in-person clinic until I have completed "Hockey University for Officials-Online". Where do I find Hockey University for Officials?
Answer: "Hockey University for Officials-Online" is in the same EHockey location as the list of in-person clinics. In the "Type" Column, find "*HU - ONLINE Officiating 1/2". After you have paid for the HU, you will recieve an email you connecting to HU or you will see "HU-Online Officiating 1/2" right below the sign up link. Click here for pictures.
3) What should I do after I have signed up for my in-person referee clinic?
Answer: Attend your clinic and contact your referee-in-chief.
4) How do I get my first game?
Answer: Contact your referee-in-chief.
5) Who is my Referee-In-Chief?
Answer: You need to know what area of the city you live in, based on the area of city, your RIC is at the bottom of the page found here.
6) What equipment do I need to referee hockey?
Answer: Click here
7) What equipment do I need for my clinic?
Answer: You can bring all of your referee equipment and a pen/pencil. However, at minimum, you must have skates, a helmet, a whistle, and a pen/pencil.
8) Where do I get my Hockey Winnipeg number?
9) Where do I purchase crests from? Where do I put my crests?
Answer: You will recieve two crests from your clinic assuming your purchased them electronically when you signed up through eHockey. However, if you need crests then please contact Hockey Manitoba. Your Hockey Manitoba Crests will go over your heart (left side of your chest). Your hockey Canada Crest will go on your left deltoid (shoulder). Here are two pictures to help you place the crests.